Oct 12, 2012

AUTUMN IN THE OKANAGAN



Finally, I made it to the Okanagan. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. I was craving a getaway from downtown, so I welcomed the long road trip with friends. The weekend was filled with laughter, relaxation, incredible landscapes, good wine, great food.

A few of the highlights from the trip (and things to be thankful for, not just because it was Canadian Thanksgiving):

-The Cottages at Secret Point. A little slice of heaven. A couple from my POV here and here.
-We saw these guys while we were there.
-Just when I thought this meant the night couldn't get any better, we saw the Northern Lights!!
-Dinner at RauDZ was practically worth the entire drive itself. Don't be fooled by the name - this is easily one of the top 5 restaurants I've eaten at in BC.
-Paddling out on the water in front of the cabin, with views like this = good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment