Feb 23, 2013

TOFINO: WINTER'S GEM

Before moving to Vancouver, I had never lived somewhere where the sun doesn't shine for long periods of time. It's taken me two years, a gallon of liquid Vitamin D, a happy light, and lots of trips up (and falls down!) the mountain... but I think I'm finally learning to be able to cope with winter in BC. Another survival key is frequent trips out of the city to appreciate the insane beauty this province is really made of.

Tofino is one of my favorite weekend getaways, regardless of the season. I actually almost prefer it in the winter. Despite the insane busyness that has been my 2013 so far, I was lucky enough to take a long weekend trip recently and soak in all the glory Vancouver Island has to offer. Long walks on the misty beaches, a fireplace, good friends, and curling up with a good book was just what I needed. They all served as a good reminder to appreciate the moment I'm in, even if that moment is dead smack in the middle of winter. It was so wonderful, I didn't even mind that the sun didn't make it to the party.
oceanfront cabins
pacific northwest
surfer
surfing
ocean views

No comments:

Post a Comment